Insurance & Collision Damage Waiver
Caversham Vehicle Hire can provide insurance and CDW on a vehicle hire options. However the following charges for CDW apply:
- Cars/vans – £12 per day or £35 per week
- Lutons and Trucks – £20 per day or £50 per week
- Taking out CDW reduces excess from £500 to £100
VEHICLE HIRE INSURANCE AND WAIVERS
If you have indicated in the Rental Agreement that you want to provide your own insurance for the Vehicle, then the following terms will apply:
- It is your responsibility to insure the Vehicle from the moment you take it until the time it is returned to us. You must insure it to its full value, against loss or damage (including windscreen damage) by accident, fire or theft, under a comprehensive insurance policy with a reputable insurance company. You must supply us with full details whenever we ask for them, and you must tell the insurance company to note our interest in the policy.
- You hereby authorise your insurer to communicate directly with us and give us any information we require. You also authorise us to take over any claim you have which relates to the Vehicle, and to negotiate and settle that directly with your insurer.
- You must not use, or permit the vehicle to be used in breach of the insurance policy. If any money is paid out under the policy that relates to the Vehicle then you must ensure that the money is paid directly to us.
- If you do not insure the Vehicle comprehensively, and we suffer loss as a result, you must compensate us for that loss.
- If for any reason the amount, which we receive from the insurance company, is less than the loss that we suffer, you must pay us the difference.
Our vehicle hire insurance will not give you complete cover. The amount for which you are not covered is called the Excess. You may be able to reduce that by paying an additional charge (CDW); the Rental Agreement shows whether you have accepted or refused the option (if available) to pay the additional charge, and the Excess for which you are not covered.
You may also have the ability to take out additional insurance; this will be indicated in the Rental Agreement showing the further charges incurred.
The vehicle may only be driven by drivers authorised by us and that person has completed and signed an insurance proposal and we have accepted it.
Please note that our insurance will not relieve you of your liability in respect of damage to the Vehicle or to Third Party claims if:
- The Vehicle or third party property is damaged by the vehicle or its contents striking an overhead obstruction or low level objects
- You or any authorised driver were driving dangerously or using the Vehicle whilst unfit through drink or drugs or with blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law
- The damage arose as a result of your failure to comply with any of Your Responsibilities detailed within these Terms of this Agreement